Can you guess an attack surface, which is constantly moving, connecting to several different wifi, stores user critical information and is still highly insecure? Well the answer is, Mobile applications. With almost 15% market share, iOS devices and iOS applications handle huge amount of user data. This requires these apps to be very secure and strong in terms of security.
Though, that's not the case often. This comprehensive training course will talk about real world iOS application security issues, and will teach how to find and exploit those vulnerabilities.
This course is designed to teach the skills required to find and exploit vulnerabilities in real world iOS applications. The training includes exploits and vulnerabilities discovered on several penetration tests or in bug bounty programs. The target mobile apps used in this training are a state of art training apps.
A Detailed Course On Penetration Testing of iOS Application
INTERESTED IN LEARNING IOS APPLICATION SECURITY?
The iOS Application security course covers everything from scratch, and lets you learn the concept of penetration testing.
- Why Revisiting iOS Application Security? (3:26)
- Setting up iOS Penetration Testing Lab in 2023 (13:47)
- What's new?? (6:58)
- iOS Platform Overview (18:23)
- Understanding iOS Security Architecture (16:37)
- Code Integrity in iOS (16:50)
- Exploring Fast Permission Restrictions in iOS (7:05)
- Understanding Pointer Authentication Code (6:15)
- Demystifying Secure Boot Process (6:20)
- Revisiting Signed System Volume and Code signing (6:39)
- Encryption and Data Protection in iOS (9:44)
Enciphers is an information security consulting and training company, specialised in Web, Mobile & Cloud security. Having over a decade of experience in penetration testing & consulting, we love to teach what we do. Join the training and start an amazing journey of learning, through hands-on labs, advance course content & ultra-fast support.
For more information, please visit www.enciphers.com
Mobile App Security Engineer at Pramerica Systems Ireland
"I really enjoyed the Enciphers iOS Application Security training and I would highly recommend it to anyone involved in Mobile CyberSecurity. The content is modern and up to date and during my time doing the training, updates were being made to match current trends. Most importantly during the training time and even now, the Enciphers team were really helpful with any queries I had on the training or on Mobile Security in general through their Slack channels. Regular communication from the team was excellent. I look forward to their upcoming Android training."
Senior Penetration Tester
"The quality of training in the iOS App Sec class from Enciphers is second to none. This is by far, the most current and thorough training I have ever taken for iOS application security testing. The Enciphers team is so supportive and go out of their way to follow up with any questions or help a student needs. While taking the class I was able to use a technique on a current mobile security assessment I was on. This immediate impact on my work from the training demonstrates just how relevant , and useful their iOS Appsec class is. They are also constantly updating the material to the class making this an unbelievable value . I am looking forward to their upcoming Android Appsec class!"
Quality Engineering Lead, To The New
I found the Enciphers iOS Application Security Training to be very beneficial. Prior taking this training my penetration testing skills were limited to Web and Android but after taking this training I started doing iOS penetration testing as well. This did not only help me in enhancing my skills but in my career growth as well. The support provided by the team during and post training is worth an applause. I will definitely recommend the training by Enciphers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's unique about this training?
You mean, apart from the awesome content and exciting lab applications? Well, yeah there are a lot of other unique benefits too:
- Life time access to ever improving course content: Once enrolled, you will have access to the course content as long as it is live. We believe that it is important to keep updating the course content with new topics, so that it stays relevant. That's why we keep adding more videos and content from time to time. Lifetime membership is for the duration of the business until end of life. We are constantly updating our courses and training labs. Lifetime access is defined as a maximum of 10 years.
- Communication is the key: For any training, it is vital that the participants have a direct way to communicate with the trainers, for doubts, questions, suggestions, discussions etc. This training provides access to a dedicated chat platform for the same reason.
- Multiple formats of training lab apps: The training lab apps come in multiple formats, Objective C, Swift, Flutter etc. So that the participants get a flavor of all different type of real world apps.
What type of learning experience I should expect?
It will be a hands on, self-paced course where you can go step by step in detail and try to understand the different methodologies, tools and techniques which are used to perform iOS application pen-testing.
Are there any pre-requisites for this course?
Well, yes. We expect the attendees to know some very basics of information security and penetration testing, knowledge of basic Linux commands and utilities. Burp is also used in some modules and hence a basic knowledge of burp suite is also helpful. Also, it is required that you have a Mac and iOS test device to be able to follow along with the hands on exercises.
If I do not have Mac can I still learn iOS penetration testing?
This is a question we get very often. Apple has a lot of proprietary software's, which are helpful and are often required. However, not everyone loves/has a mac, that's why we came up with something which solves a big part of the problem. Mobexler: A Mobile Application Penetration Testing Platform. If you do not have a Mac, go ahead and setup Mobexler. A lot of training videos are made using Mobexler and it will be able to take care of majority of the things that you need to perform for iOS app pentesting. Know more about Mobexler here.
Are refunds available if I do not like the course?
We do not offer any refund as we want the attendees to spend time and effort not just on the video content but also on the hands on labs provided. As the course fee is not just for the video content only, access to lab apps, future content and chat platform etc. too, we can't offer refunds once the access is provided.
When does the course start and finish?
The course starts now and ends when you want! It is a completely self-paced online course - you decide when you start and when you finish.